Monday, July 27, 2009

Day One Hundred and Sixteen

7/27

The Book: Ecstasy by Irvine Welsh

ISBN: 0-393-31581-9

Suggested By: Unnamed Grad-Student

Where: Home

When: 10-10:30P

Music: None

Company: The Family

Pages: 56-111 (55)


The Lead In: Just realized this book is actually a collection of three short stories. Duh.


The 411 on the 55: Rebecca’s book is incredibly dirty, though it will never be published. Freddy continues to screw corpses and when a new guy threatens him, they blackmail him while he is high. Lot of loose ends in the wrap up of that story.


The second story is a bit more complicated, jumping from time period to time period, 60’s to present. I’m still figuring it out, second story tomorrow.


Line of the Day: “SHUT YIR FUCKIN MOOTH SLAG!” pg 87


Fact on the Fiction: Irvine Welsh describes himself as "not so much middle-class as upper-class. I'm very much a gentleman of leisure. I write. I sit and look out of my window into the garden. I enjoy books. I love the density and complexity of Jane Austen and George Eliot. I listen to music; I travel. I can go off to a film festival whenever I like." He also describes himself as monogamous: "it sounds boring but it's the way I am.” Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment