Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day Twenty-One

Internet was down last night, so I am posting this as soon as I could.

4/21

The Book: Bleak House by Charles Dickens

ISBN: 978-1-59308-311-3

Suggested By: Rebecca Mitchell

Where: Home

When:9:00-10:00p

Music: None

Company: Family

Pages: 148 - 305 ()


The Lead In: Tonight, I began to get frustrated with this book. Don’t tell me that this book is a great book, unless adding character upon character makes a book great. It’s impossible to follow, and I will be honest in saying that I am completely lost.


The 411 on the 55: Esther goes to church and sees Mrs. Dedlock and recognizes her from her past, though she isn’t sure from where. When she speaks to her later on, Dedlock is rude to her.


Guppy hangs out with two of his friends while eating and gets on of them to take over the room where Nemo died in, though the point of why is missed by me. On top of this, there is a 10 page scene of Mr. Smallweeds family, all bickering and griping at each other.


Today was horrible. I feel lost.


Line of the Day: “Mr. Chadband moves softly and cumbrously, not unlike a bear who has been taught to walk upright.” pg 262


The Fact on the Fiction: The scenes from the court room should have a real feel to them, as Dickens served as a court’s clerck early on in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment